Management is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measure taken to remove (or at least reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of workers, contractor, authorised visitors and anyone else who may be affected by our operations. We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 Standards as far as possible.
MANAGEMENT; Will provide and maintain as far as possible;
- a safe working environment.
- safe systems of work.
- plant and substance in safe condition.
- facilities for the welfare of workers.
- information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonable necessary to ensure that each worker is safe from injury and risks to health.
- a commitment to consult and co-operate with workers in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace.
- a commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management.
WORKERS; has obligation to;
- comply with the safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment.
- take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others.
- wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
- comply with any direction given by management for health and safety.
- not misuse or interfere with anything provided for health and safety.
- reports all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matters how trivial.
- report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager.
We seek the co-operation of all workers, customers and others person. We encourage suggestion for realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate. This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situation where workers are required to work off-site.